Sunday, September 25, 2011

Vintage Kay Archtop Guitar - Sold

I have an old Kay Hollowbody Archtop guitar for sale here. It's in pretty good shape considering it's probably from the 1950s. The body has some scratches, but I don't see any cracks. The neck is not loose, but it looks like it has come away from the body a little bit. I modified the bridge to compensate and it the action is pretty good now, but there is some buzz now on the upper frets. I'm sure it could be adjusted further, but it plays fine for me so I haven't bothered to mess with it anymore.
These old F hole style acoustic hollow bodies are getting harder to find!

I found a stamp  inside one of the F holes "L7797."  I don't know what that means, but maybe you do.


Check out the pictures and video below to see and hear it in action.



If you're interested, send me an email through the craigslist ad below.  I am asking $210... Cash only please!  SOLD!


Thanks for looking!





PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

















No comments:

Post a Comment